Debian Installation

 Would you like to have your own home server to host your projects, files, or applications? In this post, I will explain how I did it with my laptop and an external hard drive.

The first thing you need is a computer; I chose to use my laptop because it was what I had on hand, but you can use any other available computer. The important thing is that it has enough storage capacity and memory for what you want to do with your server.

The second thing you need is an operating system; you can use a server-oriented one like Ubuntu Server or CentOS, but I opted for Debian because I like its stability and simplicity.

To install it, you need to boot a USB, you can use a program for that, like Rufus, but I prefer Ventoy because it allows you to have more than one operating system on your flash drive, and you only need to copy the ISO image into a folder.

Connect your USB to the computer and access the boot menu (it's different on each system, usually one of the F keys, Delete, or, in the case of Lenovo laptops, there is a button on the side that you can press with a pin) and select your USB and the operating system.

The installation is straightforward, and most configurations depend on your particular case. In mine, I chose to install a desktop environment to be able to use a browser within the server. Instead of GNOME, I chose XFCE because it is lighter and faster.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Soporte para archivos en Shield Cipher

 Muy bien, me ha costado un poco pero por fin hace dos semanas he implementado la encriptación de archivos con ShieldCipher :3 He tenido alg...